A lip lift in New Jersey is a surgical procedure that increases the amount visible of pink lip tissues, making your lips look larger and fuller. This is a great option for patients who want to add height to their lips, making them appear larger while increasing the visibility of the upper central teeth while smiling. This procedure also shortens the philtrum, i.e., the space between the top of the lip and the nose.
What is a lip lift?
What are the types of lip lifts?
- Direct Lip Lift: In this technique, a thin strip of skin is removed from the area above the upper lip, enhancing the visibility of the pink part of the lips. However, it leaves a small scar on the upper lips.
- Subnasal Bullhorn: In this technique, an incision is made at the base of the nose, where it’s barely visible. After making the bullhorn-shaped incision, the skin is pulled upward to reveal more of the lips.
- Central Lip Lift: In this technique, a bullhorn-shaped incision is made at the base of the nose, and the skin is pulled from the central lip region. This enhances the visibility of the central lips.
- Corner Lip Lift: In this technique, two small incisions are made at the corners of the mouth, and a small amount of skin is removed. This technique is suitable for patients with downturned lips because it gives your lips a more appealing, smiling appearance.
- Italian Lip Lift: In this technique, two small incisions are made underneath each nostril to pull the skin upwards. The incisions remain hidden from plain sight.
What is post-surgery recovery like?
You’ll experience mild post-surgery discomfort and pain for about 72 hours after you lip lift in New Jersey, but that can be managed with pain medications. You may also experience mild redness, swelling, and bruising — these are common side effects whenever incisions are made. Most patients resume their daily activities after three days. The sutures will be removed after a week, but the post-treatment swelling may persist for around two weeks.
The following are some post-surgery recovery tips:
- Rest for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid smoking and strenuous workouts for a few weeks.
- Avoid sleeping on your face.
- Don’t keep your mouth open too wide.
- Use a small toothbrush.
- Ensure your lips remain moisturized.
- Follow the surgeon’s post-surgery guidelines.
The Center for Eye and Facial Plastic Surgery
35 Clyde Road, #104
Somerset, NJ 08873
Monday - Friday: 8:30a - 4:30p
22 Old Short Hills Rd Suite 202
Livingston, NJ 07039
Monday: 9:00a - 5:00p
Tuesday: 12:00p - 7:00p
Wednesday - Friday: 9:00a - 5:00p
P: (609) 608-0142
F: (855) 644-0469