ARE YOU TIRED OF HOW YOUR EYES LOOK and FEEL?
IS IT HARD TO RECOGNIZE YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR?
Dr. Ramesh can help people with following eye complaints:
What is orbital decompression?
Orbital decompression is a surgical procedure designed to reduce prominence of the eyes.
Surgery is safe and predictable, and can be tailored to the patient’s specific requests. Incisions, when necessary, are hidden in natural eyelid folds or inside the eyelid so that there are no visible scars. Dr. Ramesh performs orbital decompression at an outpatient surgery center, so that patients can rest and recover in their own home after surgery.
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Follow our Instagram for the latest news and case studies.
2. Sign up for our newsletter and receive Dr. Ramesh's free eBook on thyroid eye disease and orbital decompression.
3. Subscribe to Dr. Ramesh's Youtube channel for surgical videos.
4. Continue onwards for detailed information on this website about orbital decompression and thyroid eye disease.
FOR INDIVIDUALIZED INFORMATION
5. Email Dr. Ramesh your photographs for a brief electronic consultation.
6. Schedule a complimentary virtual consultation to discuss your case in detail.
7. Visit Dr. Ramesh in-person; our office is easily accessible from New York City and the surrounding areas, and is within 30 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).
What is Dr. Ramesh's experience?
Dr. Ramesh has performed hundreds of orbital decompressions and is one of the most experienced surgeons in the United States for this procedure. He has published multiple scientific publications on orbital decompression and is a highly sought-after national and international speaker on this topic.
Most importantly, Dr. Ramesh has refined and published his own modification of the surgery that provides better results with a significantly decreased risk of complications (<1%). By avoiding traditional techniques that destroy the sinuses and are prone to both early and late complications of double vision, sinusitis, and infections, Dr. Ramesh’s advanced techniques allow for a more predictable and durable outcome after surgery.
Dr. Ramesh speaking about TED at a national conference
Dr. Ramesh hard at work at his passion, orbital decompression
What more should I know?
Orbital decompression is a niche procedure, and the best results are found in the hands of surgeons who both have a passion for the surgery and perform a high volume of cases. Dr. Ramesh performs these complex surgeries routinely and has a tremendous breadth of experience in dealing with challenging medical and cosmetic cases. He also has a love for taking care of patients with thyroid eye disease, and looks forward to helping you in your journey.
Please take the time to review the following information from Dr. Ramesh about orbital decompression:
proptosis in a TED patient
Who is a candidate for orbital decompression?
Patients with prominent eyes due to thyroid eye disease are eligible for orbital decompression, which can be covered by health insurance. Patients with naturally prominent eyes, who do not like the appearance but have no medical issues, are eligible for cosmetic orbital decompression.